Academy-Industry Cooperation Division accurately and quickly directs ongoing R&D efforts or projects at the idea stage to the industry, notifies specialist academics of the needs of industry and helps with the project planning stage.
During the collaboration phase, it provides services related to contract management, legal counseling, tracking of finance, management of administrative processes, bringing industrial organizations and academics-industrialists under the same roof, and academy-industry needs analysis for efficient use of academic resources.
Moreover, the Academy-Industry Cooperation Division performs its activities in coordination with ITU ARI Teknokent, ITU Labs and ITU Faculties.
What We Do For You?
- We direct your ongoing R&D efforts or projects at the idea stage to the industry in the most accurate and quickest way.
- We bring industrialists and specialist academics together to provide funds and resources for projects that need them.
- During collaboration, we prepare a project proposal dossier, manage contracts, provide legal counseling, keep track of finance, track procedures for public contracts and manage administrative procedures.
- We bring industrial organizations and academics-industrialists together.
- We analyze the capacity/needs of the university and industry to allow efficient use of university resources.
İTÜNOVA TTO applies to ITU ARI Teknokent for every R&D project for the purpose of benefiting from exemptions of VAT and other taxes. 3 specialist judges appointed by ITU ARI Teknokent will evaluate projects, and either accept or decline. All steps that involve you during application and approval process are given below:
- Filling new İTÜNOVA TTO project information form;
- Forming a contract with the sponsoring organization and İTÜNOVA TTO;
- Forming a contract with the project manager and management team;
- Requesting assignment of academics from their universities.
- All academics and research associates working at universities in Turkey and abroad can be seconded to İTÜNOVA TTO and take part in your projects.
- Unemployed undergraduate, graduate and PhD students and retired faculty members can take part in your projects at İTÜNOVA TTO with a temporary employment contract with health coverage from Social Security Institution (SGK).
- As a company under ITU ARI Teknokent, İTÜNOVA TTO provides tax reductions to your R&D projects, besides many other services.
- When you develop a method/product/prototype, and want to conceptualize and introduce it to the industry,
- And if you want to maintain your collaboration with companies through İTÜNOVA TTO, we are ready to support.
- First, the Academy-Industry Collaboration team sets a meeting with you to understand every detail of your project.
- It performs a target market/customer analysis taking the intended companies and your recommendations into consideration.
- As your project development and management team, İTÜNOVA TTO sets and attends introductory meetings with companies and brings you and companies together.
- İTÜNOVA TTO develops a business model with the intended companies based on meeting results.