The Division of National and International Funds provides services aimed at improving R&D capacity of ITU and industrial companies and advancing in technology while utilizing National and International Support Programs. Academics, industrialists and owners of projects to be developed within the collaboration between university and industry will have accurate, fast and efficient access to the most suitable funding mechanism.
The International funds division carries out their activities in accordance with Horizon 2020. There is limited support for applications to programs such as TÜBİTAK, ERA-NET, JPI, COST and Eureka as the division is not involved in project development and drafting. İTÜNOVA TTO promotes ITU’s participation in H2020 program as a project owner and coordinator, and guides ITU academics in this direction. In addition to this, we prepare work packages for academics who want to engage in current or emerging consortiums, and contact with project managers to include academics in their projects.
National and International Funds Division supports researchers through studies to be carried out by ITU in coordination with European Union Central Research Institute and Scientific Research Project Division.
What We Do For You?
- We announce Support Programs to reach the target audience.
- We determine the funding program suitable for you.
- We evaluate Work Programs and call eligibility.
- We provide services for pre-proposal check and letter of offering.
- We find funds and provide proposal advice.
- We provide support in project development and budgeting.
- We provide project drafting and application support.
- We liaise between the project and other divisions.
- Following and announcing open programs, providing information by contacting proper target groups.
- Accurately and effectively directing academics or industrialists to available support programs.
- Organizing events for eligible applicants to raise awareness for funding programs.
- Advising academics or industrialists to prepare funding application files, customizing these application files to match funder’s expectations.
- Advising academics or industrialists on project writing, budgeting and preparation of interim reports.
- Providing industrialists with consultancy services from experts in the R&D project of their choice, encouraging academics to collaborate with the industry for joint projects.
All services and consultancy provided to ITU academics for benefiting from National Funding Programs are free of charge.
Services and consultancy provided to industrial organizations are charged as per the project writing fee defined in the agreement and a certain amount of success bonus on the basis of indirect budgeted costs for approved project applications.
Project writing and consultancy services at many levels are provided for programs carried out by TÜBİTAK, aids by state bodies including Ministries of Economy and Science, Industry and Technology, and calls by Istanbul Development Agency (İSTKA).
- Academic consultancy is provided as per “Academy-Industry Collaboration Module (Module 3)" where your project application to TÜBİTAK is reviewed by specialist academics to ensure it is built on a solid foundation.
- In order to introduce academic project outputs to the industry and bring them into action in a way to create added value, companies that need or may need project outputs are identified through the “Academy-Industry Collaboration Module (Module 3)” to form a collaborative environment.
- We provide support for reserving any rights arising from the “Intellectual and Industrial Property Rights Module (Module 4)” on national and international levels considering the applications for patents and utility models resulting from project applications submitted to TÜBİTAK.
- We review applications of individual entrepreneurs that are in the process of incorporation within the context of TÜBİTAK 1512-Techno Initiative Capital Support Program (BİGG) and requirements of the program, and conduct joint efforts as per the “Entrepreneurship and Incorporation Division (Module 5) to direct them to TÜBİTAK.
İTÜNOVA TTO can write a project proposal. However, projects will be selected based on their contribution to current methods and technique and their commercialization potency.
Alternatively, you may apply to TÜBİTAK support available for project writing. In this case, İTÜNOVA TTO can refer you to other professional companies with a proven track record that provide project writing services in EU.
If supported projects are approved, İTÜNOVA TTO demands a certain amount of success bonus based on indirect budgeted costs, or alternatively, some part of TÜBİTAK achievement awards.
All projects will receive advanced support. With respect to project writing, support will be granted based on the assessment of the ITUNOVA TTO Board of Directors and TTO High Council on priority areas.